From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 22:06:41 -0400
Anna L. Abrante wrote:

>and large amounts of grains or dairy, for that matter, for myself or anyone
>else.  But since there are so many *healthy* cultures that eat them, that do
>*not* seem to get cancer,

Which ones? How good is your evidence?

>Does anyone have any statistics on the prevelance of cancer and when it
>became as common as it is now??

As noted in the Stanislaw Tanchou piece I just posted no one ever found
cancer in a hunter/gatherer population, and that would be irrespective of age.

>There are many people today, eating the SAD, that *don't* come down with
>cancer or any other serious illnesses, until a vary advanced age.

But they still come down with it.

>...my Grandfather died at 99..no illnesses
>whatsoever except those that come with just being old, like vision problems,
>memory, feableness,

Those are not illnesses of aging. Those are illnesses of civilization.

>noone lives forever,,eventually our hearts stop....

Right. One should remain healthy until one's heart stops. And there is no
reason to have the illnesses your  grandfather had.

>Was he
>a failure at eating well because he ate rice and beans every day of his life?
>Even though he lived a longer than average life, and had no diseases?  I'm
>reluctant to say so.

But he had illnesses of civilization!!

Don.