Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 19:14:19 -0500
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:22:42 -0700, lara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I came to Paleo by way of Natural Hygiene, which
>has a lot to say about proper food combining. Eating
>fruit after other, more "solid" foods is a big no-no,
>because these other foods take longer to digest
>So they say that fruit
>should always be consumed on an empty stomach.
>My question is whether people here do ok with eating
>fruit in combination with other foods, and experience
>no problems with it.

I usually eat fruit with other foods and have no problems with it.  Meat
and fruit is a common meal for me.  I seem to eat less fruit when eating it
with protein, but when eaten alone, I will have a desire for more.  There
may be a benefit in terms of decreased glucose levels, and thus insulin
response, by eating fruit in combination with other foods.

Marylee