From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:50:02 MDT
Blessings, list members!

Great.  A while back we talked briefly about PETA's rediculous "Jesus was a
vegetarian" web site.  Welp, it may soon reach Hollywood proportion; I saw a
"Jesus was a vegetarian" billboard this morning.  Oddly enough, I was
sucking down an 8 oz. ground buffalo chuck and two-egg breakfast when I saw
it.  People at every table within hearing distance were laughing out loud at
the very concept.  What struck me especially funny is that the Jesus shown
was the one from South Park.  I'm assuming one of South Park's creators is a
vegetarian or thought this was a hoot and let PETA use the image.  I'd
prefer PETA did so without asking and will soon be slapped with a lawsuit.
That, and one-two punches from conservative Christians who, I'm sure, don't
like the idea of linking the real McCoy with a cartoon character.

At any rate, for sh*ts and grins, I went to www.jesusveg.com to get the
latest "information".  What a hoot!  I didn't read evey word, but Jesus'
feeding of the faithful with loaves and FISHES was mysteriously absent.
PETA's really starting to look stupid.  If the Far Reich starts going after
PETA for heresy, for once in my life I may agree with them!

Dori Zook*
Denver, CO

*an admitted (gasp!) follower of Christ