From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:26:52 +0900
Interestingly, I have reacently learned that almost all of Japan's salt
comes from the sea (naturally as there are no salt mines).  Yet special
salts are marketed called "sea salt," and these can actually contain salt
that is imported from mines!  How fascinating.

Another thing I wanted to mention on MSG (and I mentioned this before, and
am I bad or what?) but MSG is a naturally occuring part of any food, from
what I understand.  While MSG is considered on the non-paleo list, I think
any broth in soup is in fact an expression of MSG.  In Japan we have dashi
based soup every day, and that is from sardine or seaweed or mushrooms.  I
would think that if these foods are all at least disputably paleo, then we
could include MSG that is "homemade" in these forms, just exclude the
processed ones.

Judith