From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:27:48 -0500
I appreciate all the replies I have gotten about reflux.  I am going
to stick to a low carb diet.  I tend to only be able to handle a
small amount of fat in my diet because of the effect I have found it
has on my LES and the increased. Coconut oil and cod liver oil burns
my stomach and esophagus.  I can't handle nuts now in an appreciable
amount.  I find that I have a limit to how much meat I can eat (6 - 8
ounces cooked per meal).  I eat a small amount of fruit (1 - 2
pieces) - blueberries, if they don't bother my stomach, and pears. I
mostly just eat well cooked vegetables and meat (mostly baked
chicken, duck, crockpot cooked beef or lamb roasts and some fish).  I
make a lot of broths from bone that I use to cook vegetables in.

This is a long standing problem and therefore, even if I remove the
cause I expect that it will take a long time to get better, if it
ever does.  I think that there might be some damage due to physical
factors:  straining while weight lifting, wearing a back brace for a
herniated disc and overeating in the past (on a mostly vegetarian
diet).

I have an endoscopy schedule for just after the new year and I am
also going to see a ENT doc about my throat.  I am a teacher and some
days I find it difficult to get through the day teaching.

Mike