From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 19:35:45 -0400
On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Muriel Hykes wrote:

>         Hey Todd!  Why didn't you tell me about this list?  I just joined today.
> Anyway, yes!!!!  Foods, esp. milk and gluten can cause diarrhea.  You have
> even more good reasons to take him off wheat.

Hi Muriel, you never know who will appear around here.

Dylan has been gluten-free for about 20 months now, and I am
exploring the possibility of trying a full-scale paleodiet.
I am experimenting first on myself, for three weeks now.

> I fowarded info to Tammy.

Tammy has already subscribed to the research-oriented paleodiet
list, as I have.

I am sensing a convergence between a number of lines of thinking
about diet and autism, and the paleodiet seems to be the point at
which the various lines meet.

For example, taking Dylan off gluten was helpful, but we
substituted other grains and starches, so his diet remained as
high-carb as ever.  This was a mistake, but a hard one to
correct, since he is now quite dependent on these foods.  We are
slowly trying to fade the starches out, and introduce more meats
and fats into his diet.

We have a long way to go, though.

Todd Moody