From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:24:15 -0800
>She's 5'0" tall and 219 lbs

Was that a typo?  At that weight and height she would almost certainly be
clinically obese and unable to run a marathon.

> What *all* have you been reading?

"NeanderThin" and "The Paleo Diet," for starters.

>I have yet to see any Adonis types.

I was more imagining rock climber types.  Very lean and ripped.  Not exactly
Adonis, but it's a body type I like.  I have seen one famous picture (by George
Rodger, called "Sudan, The Nubas") of a tribal wrestler being carried on another
man's shoulder's after a victory, and that man very much fits the image I had in
mind, but he may not be typical.

>Some are short and squat, even a little portly looking.

Hm... Are they actually fat?  From the claims in the two books I mentioned, I
got the impression very few were fat.  Perhaps you're right though... maybe I'm
idealising.  I'll try to dig up the National Geo you mentioned next time I'm in
the library.