Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 22:31:27 -0700
Don and Cecilia thanks for the replies,

>It should totally control it.

I thought so, I don't know why his gi doc would think he has celiac since
his symptoms would be under control with his diet.

>>     My son has been paleo for over one year now also and he has some =
>>symptoms that seem very crohn's like.
>
>Such as?

no formed stool since January
sometimes leakege during the day
urgency without producing a bm
has bm in the middle of the night (1-4am) he goes to bed at 9pm
bumps on legs (like staph infection-lot's of folks with crohn's have this)
often this preceds a flare (looser stool)
reacts the same way I do (even looser stool) to the same foods I do- can't
tolerate grains, sugar, fruit, dairy
very slow to gain weight -looks wnderweight 5'3" 105lbs
has psorisis -often goes with crohn's

>If he has been gluten-free his whole life there is no way that he can be
>tested for celiac disease, unless he takes up consuming gluten in quantity
>for a couple months.

I thought so. His doc wants him to try fiber (but the stuff kills me) and
"put him on at least one piece of bread a day for one month, then we will
test him for celiac" some kind of blood test for antibodies before a biopsy
is done. I don't want to do any of this, it goes against everything I think
has helped me. Besides if he had celiac he wouldn't have these problems
since he has been gluten free all his life. I think it's time to change
docs. After I told her there was a new imaging test for crohn's that was way
less invasive less expensive and picks up crohns of the small intestine
(that's where mine and my brother's is) when colonoscopy misses, she said it
was behavioral. NO WAY IN HELL!!!
                                     Paula