Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:33:14 -0700
> Jim Swayze wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1) I don't want to take the drugs.  Anybody disagree?
>
> 2) Could the slight cardiomyopathy be a result of my twice a week high
> intensity weight training?  So rather than being indicative of a problem,
> could it actually be a GOOD thing?
>
> He did mention that it might be slightly overized since I used to be a
> competitive runner, but that was 18 years ago now.

Wouldn't a slightly larger than normal heart be able to pump slightly more
blood per beat? I would think that it would be advantageous to have a
slightly larger heart.

If I where in that situation, I would grill that doctor. I would ask him why
he feels it's necessary to take a drug if the heart size could just as
easily be explained by exercise. I would also make him explain, IN DETAIL,
the drugs action and side effects.

Doctors all too often will say, in effect, "Here, take this and let's see
what happens."

It seems that your doctor isn't even sure there IS a problem and is just
covering his ass!

-Tad