From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:41:56 -0500
Thanks so much for all the insights -- I truly appreciate it.  We're going
to see his doctor tonight so hopefully he won't get such a high reading.
If it turns out that his nervousness at the hectic blood drive setting
caused the high reading, then isn't this still not a good thing.  I mean
suppose one gets nervous while driving, etc -- is it "normal" for blood
pressure to shoot up so high??  He is normal weight, never smoked, doesn't
drink alcohol hardly ever and works out at least 6 days a week.   His
father has high bp (his mother just gives it to everyone else) -- so maybe
there is a genetic component -- but even still, I believe that a paleo type
regime would still be of benefit.  I really cringe when I read the labels
on those canned soups ie high fructose corn syrup, 950mg of sodium,
megacarbs, modified starch blah blah blah. And they don't even taste good.
I swear his taste buds are totally adulterated from eating that crap.  I
make homeade soup -- SO EASY -- water, veggies, spices, meat or fish, maybe
an egg, and it tastes far better and in the long run is far cheaper than
prepared foods. Why would anyone need SUGAR in soup for Heaven's Sake??!!
It even sounds disgusting.  Yet that hag mother of his encourages this type
of eating -- even at his age.  We were there for a visit and I tried to get
him to go easy on the sugar ie is it really necessary to dump spoonfuls of
sugar into a beverage PLUS eat dessert -- and his sugar-junkie mother
chastises me -- "let him eat some sugar, it's not going to hurt him" --
URGH -- now I swear my bp is rising just thinking about how that fat sugar
junkie continues to push her habit on her grown son.... sorry for the rant.

I'm going to scour the paleo recipes for soups and make big batches, dole
them out into individual portions that he can quickly heat up for lunch and
throw those cans of processed crap out the window.