From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:00:27 -0500
----- "Emiliano Bussolo" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >>That amount of wine is probably the cause of the elevated triglycerides,
> since >>alcohol is immediately converted to triglyceride in the liver. I
> believe about 10 US >>ounces, or 296 ml, is considered "safe" and would
> actually tend to raise HDL.
>
> But my alcohol intake hasn't increased in the past 7 months so should be
> something else. Couldn't it be the Omega6 as well?

Possibly. Heavy PUFA intake appears to contribute to fatty liver disease, as does alcohol, and fructose. Hopefully the wine is not a sweet wine. To try to fix it, the most direct method would be to stop the wine for at least a couple of weeks, and minimize consumption of fruit, sugar, and PUFA. Get more saturated fat. Try to get more choline, since it appears to have a beneficial effect on fatty liver. The best dietary sources are egg yolks, liver, and legumes (not paleo, though), and you might even try choline supplements. Then, after a few weeks, keep the wine at 300 ml or less and see if things get better. Have a little coconut oil at around the same time you drink the wine.

Todd Moody