From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:15:29 -0600
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:22:44 -0600, william <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We hope for wisdom from our physicians, this one seems to be lacking.
> "Starch" is an old word for carbohydrates IIRC. This physician is bent
> on creating the dependancy/addiction with which we have so much trouble.
>
> My guess is that a 7 month old baby needs no more carbohydrates than are
> in Mother's milk.
I think the actual point of the doctor is that people stuff their babies
with fruit too early (and too much), and since it's sweet the babies
gobble it up, and
cry for more. Human milk is higher in sugar and lower in protein than cows
milk.

"starchy" carbs slow them down a little, as they don't like them so well.
But of course the doctor would have to answer the question of what he/she
actually meant.

	Lynnet