From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:55:08 -0600
> >Acton also cited the role of poverty in diabetes, but only by saying that
> >minorities and those with a lower than average income have a higher rate
>of
> >diabetes.  I have no idea WHY in light of those soundbites.

>And if you know anything about commodity food distributed to Indian people
>(and therefore I assume all poor people in the United States), all your
>questions would be answered...

Sorry, *I* know why; I was being facetious.  Everyone knows that good meats,
fresh vegetables and healthy fats cost more than spaghetti, day-old bread
and margarine.

But this woman mentioned poverty's role in diabetes without no explanation
whatsoever.  It was a 'what' without a 'why.'  Sheez!

By the way, I have a Word document detailing PDPIR food subsidies, how the
feds 'treat' diabetes among Native Americans, US nutrition policy in
general, etc.  Anyone intersted can write me privately; it's too big to post
here.  Or I could post parts in seperate messages.  Gimme your verdict.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO