From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 23:30:42 +0100
I think we have to distinguish between foods that we eat regurlarly and
in some amounts. Eating anything that is nutritious and not too poisonous
I think people have done occasionally, all times. But big amounts and
often is something else.
People that came out of Africa 70-10 KY ago seem to have stayed in the
middle east area until 40 KY ago. Perhaps they had to adapt their way
of living to a colder climate before they could advance. There were
also population bottlenecks. Those who survived may have done that partly
because they thrived better on the available foods than the others.
Defining what is "paleo" and not, is not possible with the knowledge we
have now. I think we will have to choose what to eat from a more
personal criterium than a commonly recognized "paleo" definition.
For example I do not eat peanuts partly because I do not like them.
What we can agree about is that cereal grains and dairy
should not make up the main part of our food.

- Hans