From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:55:07 -0800
On Friday, Dec 10, 2004, at 16:07 US/Pacific, Thomas Bridgeland wrote:
> Wow, Armstrong'S trainer. Don't know as I would care to argue with the
> guy! I wonder what he means by endurance. I can run two hours on zero
> carb, haven't tried to go further.

I would; I knew him before that. Armstrong is an incredible natural
talent, and was snatched up by the cycling federation when he was
winning triathlons like crazy. His drive and commitment to proper
training is amazing, and although he uses Chris as a trainer, it's a
partnership in which the trainer acts like a really sophisticated heart
rate monitor, just keeping track of what's done. I also wonder about
diet in terms of his absolute potential. In the good old days, most of
the distance racers ate huge protein meals, plus wine and champagne.
These days we pretend to know better, but we here know it's worse:) Of
course, I study homeopathy, and I always wonder how we could have
treated his cancer. Those ads he does on TV for Bristol Meyers/Squibb
just make me cringe...

Anyway, Armstrong would be great with or without Chris; the guy just
lucked into the position.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!