From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:10:41 EST
>In a message dated 2/15/2004 3:36:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
> Re: the 5', 200+ pound woman -- it's probably impossible to tell what her
> muscle tone is because her excess body fat is covering it.  I think that
> just carrying around that much extra weight is almost a constant anaerobic
> activity. Therefore, if she'd cut carbs and lose her excess body fat, she
> probably has some decent muscle tone underneath the fat.   Is this woman
> trying to lose weight?  Even though it's great (well, maybe amazing is a
> better word -- I'm not sure it's "great" for anyone to walk marathon
> distances), I cannot see how it's healthy for her to be carrying so much
> weight.  Her knees and back for instance must be in agony.  I am a very
> short chick, 5'2.5" and I can tell you that even being slightly overweight
> really strains my knees.<

Perhaps this woman is very muscular and not fat nor overweight.
I live near Muscle Beach in Santa Monica, California USA and regularly
interact with
other muscular men and women who are 5', 200+ pounds, who are weightlifting
powerlifters and who are not fat nor overweight.
[log in to unmask]                                http://www.healself.org