From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:24:18 -0700
> Subject: Raw Veggies vs Cooked
>
> Any Paleo dieters find a difference if they consume
> their veggies raw rather than cooked.  I'm a 36 year
> old female and have just started the paleo die.  I
> would like to lose about 25 pounds and optimize my
> health.  I love the meat and the "good" oils
> (flaxseed & olive), but have been feeling sluggish.
> Most of my veggies are cooked.  (I'm not going to
> indulge in fruit until I've lost weight)Any thoughts
> on whether eating more raw food could increase my
> energy levels and/or facilitate weight loss??? I
> have a lot of cellulite and have read that raw foods
> might help this.  Any thoughts???

I firmly believe you should get as raw as possible.
Eat lots of salads, drink lots of water. Although I
hate to publish a site link twice, you may want to go
to http://www.chetday.com (no relation). He advocates
a very raw vegan lifestyle and has links to a number
of other raw sites.

Also, don't entirely drop the fruit. There are some
fruits and melons that are low in carbs but provide
enough to possibly pick you up a bit. Read the "Fit
for Life" book (author - ??? Diamond) for a goos way
to approach weight loss. Skip the diatribe about meat, though.