Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:14:56 -0400
<<However, I've heard that
people who live close to the land tend generally to be less sentimental
about animals. Did all Native Americans have similar attitudes toward food
animals? Did the Eastern nations have reverence for the deer, rabbit, and
squirrel? How about fish? (Honest questions- I'm not sneering). >>

   Absoloutely.  They thanked the animal for giving its life so they could
live.  This is exactly the  kind of reverence of which I speak.

  Siobhan