From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:36:40 -0800
On Wednesday, Feb 4, 2004, at 12:15 US/Pacific, Dori Zook wrote:

>> Trader Joe's has almond flour now, a new product.
>
> Is Trader Joe's a brand name or a store chain?  I check out new
> products
> mostly just to see what's out there.  Most I wouldn't touch with a
> ten-foot
> pole!  As I said in another thread, most of these 'foods' are lies in a
> slick wrapper.  But from a marketing standpoint, I need to pay
> attention to
> them.
>
> Dori Zook
> Denver, CO

It's a chain of offbeat, yuppie, pretending to be healthy, gourmet, and
mostly way cheap compared to anywhere else grocery stores. They have a
limited selection of everyday things, but some very useful Paleo things
like raw nuts, olive oil, good cosmetics and soaps, teas, and all. They
put out many products under their own name, or close variations on it.
They started in Pasadena, but I believe are now headquartered in the
Northeast somewhere, and the stores are spreading like wildfire.

ginny
All stunts performed without a net!