From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 06:33:39 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:17:39 EDT, "Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 7/12/99 8:38:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
>writes:
>

>>  >Ken wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >>  Everyone I know personally, who is not religious, is absolutely
>> terrified
>>  >> that
>>  >>  there might be a god.   One of those people goes to lengths to avoid
>any
>>  >> sort of
>>  >>  discussion that might tend to convince him.
>>  >>
>>  >
>>  >I know people like that too. I am not one of them.  I would love to think
>>  >there
>>  >was a god.
>>
>>  Then what is stopping you?
>>

>>  --
>>  Cheers,
>>
>>  Ken
>
>Perhaps God-given pragmatism.

An oxymoron.

[Latin prâgmaticus, skilled in business.] *

"No one can serve two masters; ... You cannot serve God and mammon."

"He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will
find it."

Those two quotes came quickly to mind, but it is certainly true in any religion.

We generally don't think of a hermit in a cave as being pragmatic !

======
* The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition
copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from
InfoSoft International, Inc. All rights reserved.