From:
Jim Cales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:03:54 -0400
Greetings,
I think the first thing one should do if they have not already done so is
get some blood tests and such.  Kidney stones are a symptom of other things
and it might be a really good idea to exclude other kidney issues before
working on the problem at home.

I speak from some experience on this matter because kidney stones is an
ailment of the genetic kidney disease that I have.  In my case I spent years
wondering why my best efforts with paleo eating were only partially
effective.  My kidneys finally failed totally last August.  So it is a good
idea to get things checked out first.  If there is no other cause then one
can indeed increase water and limit other things.

I do, however, credit paleo eating with helping me live a more pain free
life because I was not stressing my kidneys so badly all along the way.
Even now I try very hard to maintain the dietary path because of it's
benefits.

Jim Cales - [log in to unmask]
Powell, Tennessee USA  37849-3749
http://www.JimCales.com   phone - (615)261-0696