From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 19:45:49 -0700
(79% soy oil used in America)
>...so vis a vis the American diet, what I'm curious about it what all
>this soy oil is winding up in?

Mayonnaise and salad dressing, not to mention margarine. Cookies and
crackers, if they don't have even cheaper oils. And of course
some of it is used for frying, no doubt.

Makes you glad you're not eating all these classes of foods, doesn't it?
The interesting part for me is where it's NOT ending up, which is inside
cattle. I heard someone say that a few decades ago they tried fattening
cattle on vegetable oils and had to stop: too much cancer and heart
disease. So ======>>> they started feeding them to humans. Couldn't let
them go to waste, after all. They even said that they were healthy and
prevented heart disease. Does anyone remember the TV margarine commercial
where a tough outdoorsy sort of guy on a mountain peak scooped some
margarine onto a knife and talked about how good it was for our hearts?

Does anyone have any real information on that appalling cattle vs. people
feeding idea?

Susan