From:
Don Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:07:15 -0600
I suspect I may draw a little 'group chastising' because of my use of
non-paleo ingredients but like a kid who has discovered 'candy' for the
first time I am excited about my new discovery of how to eat and make
more coconut oil more palatable.
Anyway here is my recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup if Organic extra virgin coconut oil
I  TBS of  organic cocoa
A little Stevia or honey  to taste
Roasted Almonds
Little chocolate size (cup cake type) shells
1 tsp of vanilla extract (optrional)

Process:
Heat the coconut oil on very low heat until it melts.Stir in Cocoa. Add
sweetener (Stevia or honey) to taste.
Into the little shells put 2 whole almonds (roast the Almonds to
neutralize any phytates.) Pour the coconut oil/cocoa mix into the shells
containing the almonds and chill in fridge until it sets. This makes
about 3 dozen little coconut oil chocolates that are easy to eat at any
time of the day. I've experimented by adding small pieces of mandarin
orange slivers, blueberries, apple pieces etc...A little vanilla extract
is optional. They all taste great.

If you knew my culinary skills, this undertaking was truly a miracle.

Don