From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:12:09 -0600
>My problem with this is that it involves a lot of lipids that peroxidize,
>unstable by definition, and I cannot see how this is healthy. Too much w3,
>w6 and w9 fatty acids are unstable. I don't think we were meant to have
>excessive amounts of PUFAs, so what is the alternative?

Please remember, I stated clearly that the focus was on weight loss, not on
a dietary prototype to be followed 'til time eternal.  Ron's also big on
supplements as foods lack the nutrients they supplied in the days of yore.
I didn't go this far in the story; only so much room.  I do know he uses
Carlson's cod liver oil for Omega 3's.  I didn't say he recommends NO
saturated animal fat, but as little as possible.  A greasy burger from
Piggly Wiggly ground meat, he says, is best avoided.  I'd agree with him on
that, given the mystery ingredients found in mainstream meat saturated fat.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO