From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:11:35 -0600
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 13:04:02 -0600, DS <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It's interesting to hear someone talk about having a hard time sticking
> to it. I have the same issue. ...
> Does anyone else  here run into this problem?

It's hard to make any major dietary change.  It will take some willpower
at first, but the longer you stick to it, the easier it will be.  On the
other hand, sometimes it's easier on a person to "wean" themselves
gradually, rather than go cold turkey.

> God I want french fries with my steak tonight at the steakhouse soooo
> bad!

If it won't cause you to lose control completely, I'd say go for it.  If
you feel like you're depriving yourself, you will resist the diet
subconsciously.  So if you want a potato, have one.  But don't let that
become an excuse to eat whatever you want, whenever you want.  The
occasional deviation isn't going to be nearly as big of an issue if you've
"got it down" the other 95% of the time.

--
   Robert Kesterson