From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:11:01 +1000
Look at what the chicken eats- phone the company. Most free range chickens
eat rubbish while running around outside- there just isn't room for them to
eat herbs and worms etc. Still, they get into the sun if not up a tree.
Maybe small really organic farmers can do this but not big producers.

In Australia, we have the Body Egg where they feed the chickens a mix of
canola and other grains. The result is an egg that is high in omega 3 and
also balanced by a natural increase in vitamin E etc. This is in contrast to
the "Omega Egg" where they simply add fish oil (no doubt rancid) to the
normal grains. This leads to a high omega 3 egg with a yolk that tastes
fishy and not enough extra vitamin E to preserve it.

Like I always say "You are what you eat and what it ate too (and what your
mother ate)". Copyright :-).

Cheers
Ben