From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:24:30 -0600
>I'm not sure what you are saying here.
>
>" 40/30/30 " refers to a balance that is designed to control insulin more
>completely than any other diet.   As such, there is no benefit to cutting
>carbs further other than in weight loss.   In fact, this amount of carbs is
>about what is suggested for maintenance by most of the low-carb diets,
>including Drs. Eades'.

Look around you; MILLIONS of Americans need to lose weight, many of them
desperately.  I know that for me and many others, 40/30/30 is too many carbs
to stay satiated, paving the way for losing 10 pounds or so and then giving
up due to ravenous hunger.  And, frankly, I disagree with your sentiments on
this formula's insulin control.  Sure, it was DESIGNED for this but does it
WORK?  Not for me.  Not at ALL!  For some, yes, but diff'rent strokes fer
diff'rent folks.  Some of us are more insulin resistant than others and a
few not at all.  Drs. Eades former partner and now sole owner of the Int'l
Ctr. for Metabolic Medicine will tell you that 40/30/30 does NOT control
insulin.  And he knows, arguably, more than them.  AND he's not alone.

Also, if someone's doing 40/30/30 but with too many calories, well, that's
pretty simple.

Perhaps I should've predicted that in 10-20 years we'll see increases in
God-knows-what-all thanks to soy protein isoflavones which are already
hither and yon with more to come, guaranteed.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO