From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:54:32 -0600
At 07:43 AM 5/31/01 -0400, Todd Moody wrote:

>What's wrong with testimonials is that there is a selection bias.
>In this case we only see the ones that the author chooses to
>include.  We don't see the ones that he chose to leave out, and
>we don't know how many people who didn't get results didn't write
>to him at all.

Exactly.  While I've not read the book (so wouldn't have been trying his
"cure"), one of the testimonials on his site was about someone "curing"
high BP.  Well, my daily water intake, spread over my entire waking time,
is always minimally within his suggested range and often above...  and my
BP actually went up after I'd increased to this amount (from 2-2.5 quarts,
daily).  If you just looked at my "testimonial", you could infer drinking
more water raised my BP.  In actuality, I doubt there was any correlation
one way or the other, in my case :)

OTOH, the flushing action alone of water has got to help lots of things, in
at least a small way, in anyone who's been cronically dehydrated.

Dianne
who's been conscious of trying to stay hydrated since she was a kid...