From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:37:10 -0800
 ------------------------------

> Date:    Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:14:21 -0500
> From:    [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Ketosis and exercise/and grain
>
> I would suggest short duration, moderate to high
> intensity workouts.  What I envision is 10-15 minute
> mini-workouts.  T

I do not think that in 10-15 minutes I would have a
good workout.  I find that it takes a while for me to
get to a point where I am exerting strenuously.  I
have old injuries and so I find that I do better to
increase poundage gradually rather than just jump into
the heaviest weight that plan to do for reps.

I am planning on cutting back on the length of my
workout.  In the past I found my body responded to 45
minute work outs well. I do not think that I need 75
minutes anymore.  My intensity in increased and it is
no longer summer.  This summer was very active for me.
 After reading Lights Out I have, I think, a better
understanding of the effect of the seasons on our
physiology. I do not think that my level of activity
in the summer will be appropriate for the winter.
Hopefully, I will find that I will create less of a
craving for carbs as I cut back from 75 minutes to 45
minutes.

  My two week experiment with oatmeal as a carb source
is essentially over.  I did not like the effect it had
on me.  My energy in the morning after workouts WAS
actually better in that it was longer after breakfast
before I wanted to eat lunch.  The problems, however,
that I experienced are mainly digestive and my gums
are getting more sensitive.

http://farechase.yahoo.com