From:
Aileen Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:26:23 -0500
> Hi Aileen,
>
> >dredge them in salt and peppered flour,
>
> You don't really need the flour. I just dry them off and fry them in olive
> oil or whatever you like. (I think the grain companies made up that idea.)
> I also fry a lot of onions to go on top. Some people like bacon with it
too.
> Sally Fallon's book Nourishing Traditions suggests letting the liver sit
in
> lemon juice for a couple of hours before cooking it. She says this draws
> out the impurities and gives a better flavour.
> I like liver both ways. The most delicious liver I have ever had is moose
> liver. It is miles above any other.
>
> Paleobest,
> Susan

Thanks Susan.  Liver and onions is how I've always heard of the dish being
made but I've never tried it.  Since I like it fried in bacon grease, maybe
I'll try it someday without the flour.  Now that you mention it, I do
remember Sally Fallon suggesting marinating the liver in lemon juice first.
Wow, moose liver!  Who would have thought?  I've never even had beef liver,
just chicken!

Aileen