From:
Cairo Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 05:10:19 -0500
I have been living the paleo way for nearly four weeks now and have not had
any weight loss. This doesn't really bother me as I no longer feel sick when
I eat. My problem is my stomach. It seems fine in the mornings and looks
fairly flat but by the time I've had breakfast and about a litre of water it
bloats to make me look about 6 months pregnant. This has been happening for
ages now and I can't figure out why. I used to think it was because of all
the starches and carbs (bread, pasta etc) I was eating but I have now cut
them out and still get bloating. This may sound strange but is there a way
to drink water? I never used to drink more than a glass or two until I
started paleo and now I am trying to consume a minimum of two litres a day.
I'm wondering if this is perhaps too much for my body. Should I be slowly
increasing my water intake till I can comfortably reach two litres or should
I continue the way I am? I am 150lbs, 5'6", medium frame and would like to
lose around 30lbs. Is the problem my lack of stomach muscles? I haven't
gotten round to starting an exercise routine yet. I'd like to have an idea
how to fix this as the trousers that are comfortable for me when I put them
on in the morning, are totally tight and constricting by lunchtime.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated

Cairo