From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 18:44:56 -0400
On Sat, 22 May 1999, Larelle wrote:

> Could someone please explain this thirst phenomena to me - that always
> happens after eating sweet food (fruits)?

If you have been on a low-carb diet for a while, your glycogen
levels are low.  When you eat carbs, the glucose is stored as
glycogen, which is hydrated glucose.  Therefore you use water to
do it and feel thirsty later.

Conversely, if I do a bit of jogging I inevitably have to urinate
after 5 minutes.  This is because I don't do much jogging as a
rule, so I am not well conditioned for burning fat during it.
Therefore I burn glycogen and release water.

Todd Moody