From:
Vic and Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 21:21:19 -0500
>        Hi! I've just joined in on the cave list and I am apologizing in
>advance for probably asking some repeat questions. I just got my copy
>(today) of Neanderthin - and read it -- what an amazing book.. I'm
>definitely hooked and ready to go for it!!

Hi Kim. I started the diet (sort of, I just got my book today as well and
found out that peanuts and soy oils are no-nos's) a week ago, and after
some initial odd sensations (stomach rumbles, mild headache) I can say that
I feel much better today than I did a week ago! It's a faboo book. All the
research is there for anyone to verify, and it makes logical sense.

Great stuff.

 Just a few questions:
>        1. Do you need to start (and stay) in ketosis to lose weight? How
>much restriction of fruit is needed?

If you want to loose wait, eat less fruit. Less sugars, ya know... :)

>        2. What do you scramble eggs in? (I know - no butter, margarine)

Fry a couple strips of bacon, then scramble the eggs in the bacon fat.

>        3. How is the transition from coffee to tea? I love my coffee (and
>Sweet&Low).

I never drank coffee, and I am just starting to aquire a taste for tea. So
far so good, though you may want to shun the sweetener.

>        4. Those of you who have to pack lunch - what's in it?

You can go to a deli and get roast beef, turkey or chicken sliced up. Just
toss a few slices in a baggie, throw in some cauliflower or broccoli (sp),
and some nuts.

>                Thanks in advance - Me ready to be Jane! aka - Kimberly

And Me ready to be Tarzan!

Vic

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never see us coming.