From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 00:50:28 -0700
>Does this stuff also encourage a decrease in thyroid function?

for sure hormones suplementation on a daily basis shut down the natural
production of that hormone. Asthma sufferers taking cortisone run the danger
to become addisonian.

 What I mean
>is I recall reading that one of the downsides to prescription medications
>used to treat hypothyroidism is that they essentially replace what the
>thyroid isn't producing--and that this in turn causes the thyroid to work
>even less well, or something like that...  Maybe I misunderstood
completely!

>Does this stuff simply support the thyroid or what?  I ask because I'm also
>one of those with lower than average temperature and was wondering if a
>little support might be a good thing, but didn't want to screw my system up
>even further!  I'm *trying* to fix it :)

If you want the support but don't want to be dependant take it irregularly.
the best will be to eat the glands raw so you will know by the taste if it
is needed .

jean-claude