From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 00:28:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/99 8:11:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  >The Russian Georgians are historically known to live longer than anyone.
>  >shouldn't have to compile references for this fact,
>
>  No. That myth has been debunked. As I wrote they don't have records and
>  people were just asked what age they thought they were.
>
>  Don.

I've read a bit about the controversy regarding their ages, but not much. I
would love
some sources. I havent gotten around to looking up all the references that
I want from Fallon's book,.accuracy is after all the most important of all
points. So
if you wouldn't mind sending me your sources I would be much ablidged.

In respect to the inability to prove their ages, I am operating on the
premise that since
we have centurians in this country, and many other places in general, that eat
unhealthful foods, that the premise of people in a clean society, with
unadulterated
foods, fresh clean water and air, little stress,and regular exercise, are
going to naturally
have longer lives than ours.

The actual age they can acquire is anyone's guess, but we can start by at
least
using the normal age length of the average American on the SAD and adding
from there,
whatever our knowledge or common sense feels would be fitting that type of
atmosphere.

For example, if the average American lives to be 70 without following a
healthful diet,
knowing all we encounter in this society, then someone in a clean green
valley in the
mountains, consuming pure clean foods etc, is going to live longer.  That
amount of
years again, is a guess. I am not an expert in what shaves off years from our
lives, but
lets say that all of that taken into consideration, they live an extra 20
yrs.  90 years, is a
long time to live.  It's a long life.  By anyones definition.

The next issue is disease.  Are they living with the diseases that plague us?
 I have not
seen data that show them to be harboring the illnesses we do here and in
other western
societies.  The stats I have
seen do not include native cultures (Georgians, Villacamba, Hunza) as those
suffering
 from our diseases.  So, if that is
true, then they are 90yrs old, and healthy.  Still just a theory...with the
most conservative
of extrapolations.........that's good enough for me...even with a variable of
5 or so years
either way just for kicks.  I'll throw in my family history of long life, and
Ray's 114 yr
target age, which was only 15 yrs past my granddad's age when he died,,and
oila!

......the Georgians probably live loooong healthy lives......no need for
birth certificates,
or other western ideas of what we can trust.  By the way, the fact that they
don't have
record keeping like us, is probably one of the reasons they live
longer.!.....8-P

Thanks,
Anna L. Abrante