From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:49:21 -0700
> Don Wiss wrote:
>
> > If you want to discuss alternative grains I
> suggest you subscribe to
> > the celiac mailing list. Discussing these grains
> is off-topic here.
>
> If I offended anyone here by mentioning that I eat
> spelt matzoh once a
> year, then my apologies to the list.
>
> --
> Deanna

No apologies necessary. I am fairly new to this list,
but I do have an opinion about this. The "spelt"
thread originally started out as a discussion of a
possible alternative to regular wheat products.
Personally, I don't think that's off-topic. I had
heard of spelt before, but I was not actually sure if
it was wheat or if it fell into the more "liberal"
category of Neo-Paleolithic (my term) grains which
"may" have been consumed when available.

On a related topic, in another list there was mention
of a couple of "sprouted" grain breads - Manna (or
Essene) and Ezekial. I'm curious how others may
perceive these breads in regards to Paleo eating and
if anyone actually knows how much "processing" is
involved in making these "breads". If it is minimal
processing (like pemmican or other primitive
"superfoods"), then these "breads" may be considered
"paleo-kosher", especially in moderation.