From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 21:08:01 -0400
Hala Winter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Second...honey and sugar.  I've never eaten a lot of honey, but a lot of
>paleo recipes call for it.  On a typical lowcarb diet, honey is kind of out.
>>Is it OK on the paleo diet?

A paleo diet is not necessarily a low carb diet, though one can make it so.
I only consider "raw" honey to be paleo. You can find it in health food
stores. But it would have only been eaten as a treat, not every day.
Personally I eat no honey, and don't like sweet foods.

>Third, butter.  A dairy product, but some paleo recipes call for butter.  Yes
>or no on butter?  The book doesn't say...

What paleo recipes have butter?

Don.