From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:09:24 -0700
>Hey girls, What age is it normal to go through menopause?
>
>I'm 34 and consider myslelf years and years off it yet.....
>
>However, I haven't had any children yet and in the absense of a decent man,
>it's not going to happen quickly. I'm starting to worry about running out of
>time...... eeek
>
>Al

It's really variable, but your present health and diet will certainly help
push it back. I remember some statistics about obese girls having earlier
menarches, and obese women earlier menopause. My mom started at 10 and shut
down at 37, but she smoked since her late teens, and was an alcoholic most
of her life, too. I started at 11 (I was definitely pudgy) but made it til
50. Well, actually I'm STILL making it, but you know what I mean. My health
habits have been good to great.

Dr. Lee cites factors in age at onset: heredity, environment, onset of
menses, pregnancies, and, if so, at what age and how many, lifestyle stress
factors, diet, toxins, etc. All these appear to relate to the amount of
estrogen vs. progesterone. You might want to get the book: "What Your
Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause", John R. Lee. Cheers,

ginny, and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!