From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 09:28:26 -0500
On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Keith wrote:

> Sky Yardley wrote:

> I agree.  Who says Paleolithic hunter/gatherers ate primarily meat and
> fat?  Seems funny that we have 28 teeth designed for crushing grains,
> vegetables, fruits, etc and only 4 teeth designed for ripping animal
> flesh.

a.) Teeth
        1.) Humans have tool using hands and brains for the acquisition and
prepberation of animals.
        2.) Check out our gut length compared to a gorilla and a wolf.
        2.) Check out our apendix.
        4.) Check out our gall bladder.
        5.) Check out our gut ratio compared to a gorilla and a wolf.
(Perfect match for wolf, BTW).
        6.) Compare the health of raw-food vegitarians to traditonal diet Inuit.
b.) "Who says?"
        1.) I do
        2.) Modern hunter gatherers.
                A.) !Kung get over 75% of their diet from vegitable
sources.  However, if we factor in the fact that they live in a nut grove
and have tons of nuts to eat (high fat - meat-like vegitable matter), we
see that they get less then 10% of their food from anything but flesh and
nuts.
                B.) Innuit (eskemoes) eat no vegitable matter.
        3.) Children often have a distaste for veggies.  This is a
survival trate.  Please read the book "why people get sick" to see why the
same foods that trigger morning sickness are the same foods kids often
refuse to touch.

> Taking the ratio of 28:4, that's the same as 7:1 ratio of vegetables to
> meat.  Why would we have this ratio of teeth if our diet has
> historically consisted of "mostly meat and fat"?  Did nature make a
> mistake????

        Do not personify the forces of evolution, and do not assume the
teleological error.  Nature did not provide our noses that they may hold
up our glasses.  The relevent facts are -=in=- NeanderThin.  It'm too
tired right now to explain NeanderThin on the NeanderThin maling list.  I
thought single cause theory was bad with the blood stuff.  The blood
stuff is at least in the ballpark.  The tooth stuff. . . that's crap
compared to the reality of the rest of the human body.  If you really
look at man, as desinged by nature, you will see that because of what we
are that raw-red meat is the only food that can sustain human life if
eaten exclusively.

Karl Alexis McKinnon     | And as your fantasies are broken in two
P.O. Box 193             | Did you really think this bloody road would
South Milwaukee, WI 53154| Pave the way for you?     - Jeff Buckley