Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 08:16:20 -0400
Jim -- I'll bet you do just fine.  Blake F. Donaldson MD placed ill/fat
people on all meat with sufficient fat and nothing else but water and
optional coffee for months with great success.  By sufficient fat -- he
used the proportion of 6 oz lean meat with 2 oz of fat. He did not use the
additional minerals or salt Phinney used and his ill/fat patients regained
there health.  You are already normal weight, healthy and athletic -- so I
cannot believe that an all meat/fat diet would harm you.  Your activity
level may demand longer period of adaptation for utilizing fat for energy
and you may need more calories.   All Phinney says about the excessive
protein is that "it has the potential for negative side-effects if intake
of this nutrient exceeds 25% of daily energy expenditure."  This is
impossible if you always eat sufficient fat because fat contains more
calories than protein.  So if you feel weak/fatigued, just eat more meat
with proper fat. Can't wait until you post your results -- should be
fascinating.