From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:39:24 -0800
I forgot to change the subject on my last post. Sorry.

> The
> fact that
> the USDA supports the food pyramid is not in itself
> a good reason
> to believe that their nutritional analysis data are
> wrong.

I agree with Todd. Since the "good/bad fat" issue is
fairly recent, there's no reason to assume they would
lie about the numbers to support any kind of agenda.
However, if someone could find an "old" table (more
than say - 5 or 10 years old?) that had noticeably
different numbers, then some kind of conspiracy might
be assumed.