From:
Ryan Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 10:22:44 -0400
I saw it and thought it was ok. It was very simplified, but I guess it had to
be, since it was about 8 minutes long. The diet was described as consisting
of lean meat, fruits, and vegetables. I didnt expect to see anything too
far out. No statements like "fat is good for you". no mention
of high-carb vegetables being avoided. No mention of calorie-counting being a
non-issue. At least they said "no bread, pasta or rice", but when the jouranlist
himself spoke, he explained that "white" bread and "white" rice raise glucose
levels, avoiding having to say ALL grains.

They featured a token contrarian view from a nutritionist who thought that
this diet worked only because it reduced calories. It seemed like she just read
a brief and bad description of it, and said what her opinion was. I, like many
of us, realize that it takes small steps for the general public to
accept/understand anything. It will take several media pieces, gradually
getting closer to actual paleo diet each time, for the public to not to
dismiss this as a fad.

Overall, I give it a C+

RY