From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:52:55 -0500
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:02:24 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>YOu may want to consider the case of the 88 year-old man who ate
>20-25 eggs daily for at least 15 years (NEJM, March 28, 1991).
>There were no overt ill effects.
>
>Todd

It could be that he was a unique counterexample who is not representative
for the rest of us. Possibly with a distortion in cyclooxygenase, which
makes PG's out of AA.
Like as he would have eaten lots of aspirin or similar pg-suppressing drugs.

I never tried to eat that much eggs in my life, but I recall that eating a
lot of eggs has strange and allergy-like effects in many.

Or the body can make AA disappear as needed.
If dietary AA *is* treated without dangers, I ask myself
why not the body-made AA in the same manner.

If the body can make AA disappear as needed, then we are at the wrong trace
with all the AA production avoidance.

In this case for prostaglandins
1. only the EPA-level would be of concern . Which could be eaten directly
or made from ALA if whithout too much competition from short chain LA.
and 2. enough LA for GLA for DGLA for the good pathway would be important.

These both points would be greatly supporting Sears first attempt of
EPA/GLA supplementation.

If the body can cope with AA also Sears' trace of d5d suppresion would be
wrong (or only mildly helpful by not catching away to much DHGLA).

Or do you think, AA in the blood (dietary) doesn't reach the same place
(many cells) where AA is made to PG's?

Maybe the body has different regulatives which PG's to make, not much
influenced by dietary amounts. And we all are on the wrong track.

Amadeus