From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 23:29:27 -0400
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Andrew S. Bonci, BA, DC, DAAPM wrote:

> The problem with ASA (and other NSAIDS) is by blocking CO you not only
> block the formation of series two eicosanoids you also block the
> production of series 1, 3 and 5 eicosanoids which are generally the
> "good" kind.  Therefore it appears to make sense that one should either
> limit dietary AA or IMHO reduce the endogenous (body's own production)
> of AA via insulin reducing foods as described previously in this thread.

According to Barry Sears, this is the same problem that
accompanies the "therapeutic" use of flaxseed oil for its ALA
content.  It supposedly downregulates D6D, so you get less of the
pro-inflammatory series 2 stuff, but you also get less of
everything else.

Another reason why vegetable oil therapy is un-paleo.

On a related subject, do you know any reason why saturated fats
would inhibit D6D?  I have a chart in front of me that says they
do.  If true, this would seem to be problematic.

Todd Moody