From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 08:13:46 -0700
Jim Swayze wrote:

>Anyway, this year my doctor asks me why I didn't go back.  I explained and he called his personal cardiologist -- a "very conservative man of my vintage," my doctor put it.  His concern was that I might have valve problems that might throw off a clot and cause a stroke.  (Not sure where he got that from a skipped heartbeat and a slightly larger than normal heart).  So he faxed over the EKG so that Dr. Schwade could determine whether he wanted a repeat of the stress test or a 24 hour observation.  Will let you know how that turns out.  Any advice there appreciated.  I'm not too concerned that my *diet* is causing problems, but I am aware that I may have been born with heart irregularities, got a virus that injured my heart, or who knows what.

I'm not an expert, but I think you need a different cardiologist, one
not related to this guy.
My ex was a marathon runner and his heartbeat was irregular, beating
faster when he was
breathing in and slower breathing out.  First thing in the morning it
was 32 bpm.  One doc
suggested he might have trouble climbing stairs without getting dizzy.
He told the man that
he ran stairs for exercise, an hour at a time.  Most docs really do not
know how to deal
with a serious athlete.

    Lynnet