From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 13:13:25 -0400
On Tue, 29 May 2001, Chuck Spindler wrote:

> I wondering . . . do some people continue to have cholesterol problems
> even after strictly following a low carb plan?  And, if so, is there
> anything else that can be done other than those stupid cholesterol
> drugs?

The short answer is: yes, some people continue to have poor
cholesterol profiles after strictly following a lowcarb paleo
plan.  In my case, I went from "high-normal" to "high-risk" and
stayed there for four years now.  It's a matter of contention
whether these cholesterol numbers mean anything and, if so, what
they mean.  There are various non-drug options which may or may
not work for a given individual.  Many of these options are not
especially paleo in character.  I'll let others advise you, since
I am in a poor position to do so.

Todd Moody