From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 16:06:43 MDT
>My vax records for my kids are so well kept, I even have MY  vax records
>when I was a child!!  Now that is really keeping a great record!
>Trish

I missed out on a few vaccinations thanks to scarlet fever; the docs
said my
immune system couldn't handle them in the wake of that affliction.  I
remember very little about the illness.  I do know at one point mom
had to
put me in a bathtub filled with ice water to "break the fever".  I
distinctly remember the look on her face as I screamed and begged her
not to
do it.  The rest must've been "Auntie Em, Auntie Em" 'cuz the next
thing I
remember is begging to go out and play and picking at skin peeling
from the
palms of my hands.  Then and now, I thought the best part was not
getting
that goofy looking scar on my upper left arm.  But now I wonder just
what
shots I missed.  Time to call my dear ol' maw, I guess.

Dori Zook