From:
Katie Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:41:40 -0500
William, I am one of the people that Paula introduced to Paleo. I have
suffered from Osteo Arthritis for about ten years. Two years ago when Paula
and I were together she noticed that I was having trouble getting up from a
chair, and getting going. My body weight was never a factor in contributing
to the pain ~ but, being over weight can be.  I've taken
Chondroitin/Glucosamine supplements along with pain meds for as long as I
can remember. It took the edge off, but things were getting worse.

I was a big carb freak ~ bread, sugary foods, junk, junk, junk. I cut out
all of that for meat, green veggies, and lower carb fruits. I found that my
pain greatly diminished. I was able to go back to sports that I had given up
 I still eat this way. I have to, to feel good.  If I deviate occasionally,
it's OK. My body soon tells me to knock it off. The biggest no no's for me
are wine, and bread products.

Paleo is definitely worth a shot for your sisters. Good luck to them

Sincerely, Katie