From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:52:59 -0400
>On Tue, 20 May 1997, JoAnn Betten wrote:
>
>>         well, hi.  i bailed out of alt.support.diet (huh, some 'support' you
>> get there!) there's quite a ruckus going on there, caused by grant when he
>> posted about neanderthin and paleo-diets, but i'm afraid i'll have to admit
>> i fueled the flames, just a tiny bit.
>
>        I am the worst offender.  I started a milk war.  It got -way- out
>of hand because, at the time, I was still on deal-a-meal while getting
>ready to start NeanderThin.  I had to have two servings of dairy death
>every day.  My nose was clogged at I couldn't concentrate.  And this was
>during exam week!  So I took out my hostility in a flame fest.  Normally,
>I'm much more calm.

i was more calm when i was a vegetarian, but it was because i was so tired,
i had no energy to argue with anyone!  the ruckus seems to be dying down,
but i am still getting quite a bit of private email from the lurkers who are
curious about neanderthin.  one lady said she decided to order the book and
give it a try.  some of them had severe misconceptions about the whole
paleo-diet thing: "do you really have to eat it raw?" (like we're a bunch of
ozzie osborne fans, biting the heads off small mammals, but even ozzie
doesn't do that anymore, does he?), and "where do you get this kind of
food?" (uh, try -- a grocery store!).
 a milk war, huh?  sounds like something we'd do in the cafeteria in grade
school at lunchtime.  probably more fun than alt.support.diet's milk war was!

JoAnn.