From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:03:19 -0700
At 04:54 AM 08/06/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>I too would love to see more information regarding this as I just
>finished listening to Tony Robbins "Get the Edge" series and he suggests
>( strongly!) that a person drink alkaline green juices to "alkalize" the
>body with the intent of getting the blood PH back to 7.36 which is the
>suggested optimum.
>
>While I can see the logic in ingesting materials of an alkaline nature
>as a source of alkalinity for future use there is some doubt in my mind
>regarding the entire concept.  The simplest evidence that I can find is
>that I eat an enormous amount of "acid" foods and I am still alive.
>Clearly the body regulates the PH in the blood on it's own, but does
>anybody have any info regarding the depletion of the alkaline reserves?
>
>On the other hand his suggestion that one eat only raw, live foods seems
>pretty hard to dispute.
>
>Any suggestions or comments would be most welcome.
>
>Jim Cales - [log in to unmask] - ICQ UIN 1492607
>Columbia, Missouri USA  65203 - (573)875-5581
>Sandy's Software Magic - http://www.SandysSoftwareMagic.com

        I think it is more important to think in terms of an acid/alkaline load
and not an acid or alkaline producing food. The body must maintain a very
narrow range of operation called homeostasis. While food has virtually no
direct effect on blood pH, food does place either an acid or alkaline load
on the body that must be dealt with. Maintaining blood pH can become easier
or harder for the body depending on the amount and intensity of other
stresses that are present against which your nervous system must repair and
regenerate your cells. Place stresses that breakdown the body faster than
the body can repair and regenerate itself and you have sickness, disease,
and death. The quality of the repair materials plays a significant roll in
your ability to adapt to stresses. If you think of it as building a house
then the nervous system contains the blue prints and power while the diet
supplies the actual building material. You could have plans to build a
beautiful mansion but are given only cardboard and tin sheets as materials
to build with. You could build it according to plans but any little storm
or other force of nature would knock it down. Your body works the same way.
Give it crappy materials and your body will not be able to adapt to
anything other than very minor stresses before breaking down.

Dave